Los Angeles, Christmas Eve, Nathaniel Fisher, owner of the Fisher and Sons Funeral Home, is killed when a municipal bus broadsides his new hearse. The tragedy casts a pall on the holiday homecoming of son Nate (who works for an organic food co-op in Seattle), as he must not only deal with the death of a father, but the fragile egos of mother Ruth (who has been having a secret affair with her hairdresser, Hiram), brother David (a closet homosexual seeing a black policeman named Keith), and a sister Claire (a rebellious high-schooler who receives the bad news after dropping crystal meth with new boyfriend Gabe). The only good thing to happen to Nate is Brenda, a passionate women he met on the plane, just before learning of his father's death. At home, David eschews the talents of his young mortician, Fredrico, to personally undo the damage of his dad's accident. The ensuing funeral leaves the family's deepest emotions exposed, and calls into question some of our more absurd rites of passage. At the gravesite, David is not amused by the advances of Matthew Gilardi of Kroehner Service Corporation, a funeral- home conglomerate looking to buy out the Fishers business. As for senior Nathaniel, he may have been laid to rest- but has plenty left to reveal to his family.
Support our growth, donate now.
Followmy.tv Keeps track of your current tv shows. Discover new tv shows, discuss and share them with your friends.
- Nothing special
- Worth watching
- Pretty cool
- Aired Jun 04, 2001
- Episode 1x01
- Show special No
- Anadelazaro is following Six Feet Under. 1 day ago
- gmsmc is following Six Feet Under. 2 days ago
- cptPiszok is following Six Feet Under. 2 days ago
- mwentosana is following Six Feet Under. 5 days ago
- TemplateRex is following Six Feet Under. 5 days ago
- CHR1S stopped following Six Feet Under. 6 days ago
- rlamperez loved Six Feet Under. Jan 11, 2017
- Sarahbond924 is following Six Feet Under. Jan 01, 2017
- Janaaaa is following Six Feet Under. Dec 26, 2016
- Misachiever is following Six Feet Under. Dec 23, 2016