While Christmas shopping, Bart sneaks off and gets a tattoo. Marge soon discovers this and uses the family's Christmas savings to get it removed. Meanwhile, Homer discovers that he will not be getting a Christmas bonus from Mr. Burns and thus the family has no money to buy Christmas presents. He decides to keep their financial troubles a secret and gets a job as a department store Santa, but later discovers that the job does not pay enough. Desperate for a miracle, Homer and Bart go to the dog racing track on Christmas Eve in hopes of earning some money. He bets it all on a longshot named Santa's Little Helper, who loses. Santa's Little Helper's owner angrily releases the dog and Homer lets Bart keep him. Later on, Homer tries to explain that Christmas is ruined, but Bart exclaims that they have a dog and everyone happily welcomes the newest member of the Simpson family.
Support our growth, donate now.
Followmy.tv Keeps track of your current tv shows. Discover new tv shows, discuss and share them with your friends.
- Nothing special
- Worth watching
- Pretty cool
- Aired Dec 18, 1989
- Episode 1x01
- Show special No
- PalomaM is following The Simpsons. 11 hours ago
- PalomaM loved The Simpsons. 11 hours ago
- danwatchinglist is following The Simpsons. 1 day ago
- hawrix is following The Simpsons. 2 days ago
- rev9k is following The Simpsons. Mar 16, 2017
- buddhalou is following The Simpsons. Mar 15, 2017
- tesla1fan is following The Simpsons. Mar 14, 2017
- krishunter08 is following The Simpsons. Mar 10, 2017
- kubuk2 is following The Simpsons. Mar 10, 2017
- namiairda is following The Simpsons. Mar 09, 2017